Monday 21 December 2009

Why You Should Spend Some Money On Wicca


Why You Should Spend Some Money On Wicca Image
Witchcraft on a shoestring isn't about spending NO money ever on your magickal practice. It is about being careful how, when, and why you do buy things. And there are a few reasons to occasionally open your wallet and pull out a little of your hard earned cash.

For one thing, it is important for us to support the rest of the Pagan community, and that includes those who own Pagan stores, bookstores, or hand-craft items with a magickal bent. After all, if we don't buy things from these folks now and again, they won't still be there when we need the items for our practice we can't get anywhere else.

For another, I believe it behooves us to buy books on Pagan topics, for much the same reason. Yes, I am a bit prejudiced, since I write some of those books, but let's face it-I was buying books on magick long before I ever wrote one, and I'll undoubtedly still be buying them long after I write my last magickal tome.

As I said earlier, learning and acquiring knowledge are among my greatest priorities. And if we don't buy books, the publishers won't publish more, the authors won't write more, and then how will the next generation of Witches learn? Few of us are lucky enough to have a Witch who lives nearby and who is willing to share his or her knowledge, so books are the path that many of us walk to get from there to here.

That doesn't mean you have to buy every book you ever want to read, of course. Sometimes you can find one at the library, or swap with a friend, or even find a Pagan book at a yard sale, if you are very fortunate (I've found them in thrift stores). As with everything else, you'll want to consider how much you'll use any particular book (I have quite a few Witchcraft reference books I refer to over and over), and how much you need the knowledge contained within its pages.

Witchcraft on a shoestring, at its core, is all about making choices and setting priorities. And always keep in mind that as long as your heart belongs to the goddess and the god, you already have gifts that no amount of money could buy.

Tags: major greek gods and goddesses  real black magic spells  meditation robe  mason symbol  white magic curses  meditation words  degrees in freemasonry  winter solstices  aleister crwoley  
 

Lessons on Wicca And Spirituality Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet Adapted by Occult Library © 2008