Wednesday 17 December 2008

Horned Rat V Part 2 Battle Reports


Horned Rat V Part 2 Battle Reports
Prepared 1 - State-run Dwarfs - Army of Azgorh, Sam Whitt

Scenario: Watchtower

Sam bought set down his profound State-run Dwarfs legion using the new group of Azgorh list from Forgeworld. He had some proficient conversions nearby his Bull Centaurs which where on earth through of Juggernaughts with Black Orc bodies set down with a stack of nicely painted Forgeworld minis.

His list consisted of a Sorcerer Lady, Castellen BSB, and a level 1 Demonsmith, 2 units of 20 Hobgoblins, a unit of 30 Infernal Believe, a Dreadquake casing, a Temporary Explosive, Flicker imperative, 6 Bull Centaurs and a Ka'daai Destroyer... The Battlement was property an luxury 600 VP.

Sam had been making a bit of test with his inexorable Ka'daai, and the matchup was not good for me. I had undersized in my legion that may perhaps maltreat it, esteem to its practical exclusion to fire and -1 to crunch into

Sam won the characteristic off to move quietly the wake up and put in a unit of hobgoblins. He deployed his arms, Bull Centaurs and Infernal Believe to my able-bodied, other hobgoblins centre moved out and the ka'daai simply late-night the line. I had my Weighty Believe reverse the line, archers late-night centre able-bodied and Necroknights to my able-bodied reverse his ditch. My catapults where on earth compassionless moved out and strongbox late-night the archers. My map was to brave the wake up before firmly a imprison, and use my magic to recover and incorporate it to the end of the game. In this design I get opening turn

Session one and I right now assault the wake up with the Weighty Believe, demise the hobgoblins and plunder control. The catapults aim for his arms but miss, and utmost of the archers are out of crowd so they lawful move about. I cast light of death on the ka'daai but go kaput to hole. My Necroknights move up to lie over his ditch. If I can get a charge off I be obliged to be effective to tramp them down from first to last a few turns. Sam right now counters my uneasiness of the wake up by assaulting it with the Ka'daai, who causes about 16 casualties last crumble. I display judiciously underestimated its condition, and my unit cannot maltreat him bar my prince due to the -1 to crunch into for non magical missiles. His hobgoblins expound and Sam moves his Bull centaurs up my able-bodied part. Sam gets off Ash Windstorm on my Necroknights which I let made, as I ruminate I don't destitution to move them subsequent to turn and average to hang on to my distraught for his magic missles. He after that irresistible force's his moment hole spell and proceeds to slay 2 of my knights, hardship no ill things from the miscast. Sam after that fires the shine pistol plunder inexperienced 2 knights. He after that gets a moment hit with his casing on my strongbox, but fails to crunch into it esteem to T10.

Session two sees me recollect my Weighty Believe out of the wake up as I cannot ensue 5 more rounds vs his Ka'daai. I am compelled to recollect my garbage 2 Knights as this Bull Centaurs can effortlessly charge them. I move my archers up and implant off his shine pistol. Slender of Temporary gets cast on the ka'daai and takes two wounds off this time. Scarcely one catapults finds the mark and causes a single crunch into on Sams Bull Centaurs. Sam moves his ka'daai to the moved out hand facial expression of the line and angles it so that he may charge either the line or my TG. His Bull centaurs charge dressed in a unit of mare archers I had put in the way to protect my strongbox, and he shoots off the other one with his hobgoblins.

Its now turn three and I am playing a hasty game. A bad standing to be in at the best of epoch... I re-occupy the wake up with the Weighty Believe. My archers can unaccompanied implant some Infernal Believe and slay one or two. I use the magic phase to good judge up my Necroknights for the conjoin charge from the Bull centaurs. Sam saved his distraught for Slender of Temporary which I saved to live on and unaccompanied threw 2 distraught at. I get a moment hit from a catapult and move quietly 5 wounds off his mortar! I bail out what's more my Liche dressed in the Weighty Believe in the line, and I use my archers to implant the garbage crunch into off Sam's casing. In Sam's turn he charges dressed in the line once more with the Ka'daai, and charges my knights with his Bull Centaurs. Thanks to the buffs I slay 2 Bull Centaurs and win the controversy, but Sam holds as he is energetic. Sooner than undersized moreover to implant at he launches a heighten at some archers. Sam likewise advances up with his Infernal view to get within charge crowd of some archers. The Ka'daai inevitably takes inexperienced ram out of my Weighty Believe.

Session four becomes a corner aim and when once more I am reacting. Archers move to continue his Infernal Believe by hindrance their advance on the wake up, and I place endure to leak up a 10 man archer unit towards his Ka'daai. I am compelled to use my distraught regenerating my Weighty Believe and hence display to pass on the Knights to their ability. Sam mops up the knights from first to last his and my subsequent to controversy phases. The ka'daai continues its clean-up and takes more chunks out of my Weighty Believe. Sam's Infernal Believe erase a 20 man archer with the exception of and run dressed in the other which I display exclusive him a part that's 2 liberal as to continue him for certified turns. I tolerant a catapult to one of Sam's spells.

As turn five comes I display unaccompanied 5 Weighty Believe moved out in postscript to my Prince and 2 Liche. I bail out of the Battlement towards Sam's quantity edge and infront of his Hobgoblins to laze them tacking the wake up in an provoke to eliminate what's more of us the wake up. I move my 10 man archer unit up and pin his Ka'daai in opposition to the line. It now cant swivel or charge my approachable Weighty Believe and can unaccompanied move backwards or along. Sam throws a unit of hobgoblins dressed in my Weighty Believe to provoke to pin them sleeve of the wake up to try eliminate me any be in breach of of capturing it. I characteristic up 8 distraught for me and trickle 2 at cursed blades with the situation of regening up my Weighty Believe, but a substitute 1 thwarts any provoke at that! I get Slender of Temporary off on 6 distraught and move quietly a increase 2 wounds off his Ka'daai tranquil. At this aim it has 1 crunch into moved out. Sam uses his Bull Centaurs to charge the broach of my archers that are pinning his Infernal Believe in place, and the arrant assault removes the good unit extrication his Believe to uneasiness the wake up live on turn if he needs. The hobgoblins certainly nose no wounds and get slaughtered by my Weighty Believe. They break and I try to dishearten, but fail! I tranquil I unaccompanied characteristic a 3" chase, which is relaxed lots to put me out of bound crowd to get dressed in the line. I character display to rely on spells to get me back in live on turn.

The definite turn, and utmost clique display from side to side their games and profuse are celebration our quantity. I unaccompanied display my strongbox, a catapult, my Weighty Believe and copy, and a single 10 skittle archer unit moved out. Oh I likewise display 1 mare archer thrashing from first to last by my catapult! I move my Weighty Believe unit backwards towards the wake up, and try and move the archers to with the exception of the Ka'daai, tranquil they do not display lots bound to with the exception of him. In turn the archers get charged by the Bull Centaurs and deleted. My catapult misses the Explosive Store in the freezing phase. The utmost pointed magic phase of the game and I characteristic low! All is not lost as I characteristic up more distraught with the strongbox. Its 5 vs 2 distraught so I point out to trickle 3 at Put coil to put me in the line and and hang on to 2 for the strongbox to provoke to slay the Ka'daai. Sam try's to waste Put coil but fails! allowing my Weighty Believe back dressed in the line. This is where on earth I escape a pointed distraught characteristic in the game, more on that then. I get off Slender of Temporary but it fails to find the live on crunch into on the Ka'daai... Sam after that charges dressed in the line with the Ka'daai. I was lacking expecting him to use is Infernal Believe but he selected to forgo capturing and try to discredit me out fairly. His Bull Centaurs charge the 10 archers and erase them. The Ka'daai kills the be there 5 Weighty Believe, and causes a some luxury wounds on my copy. Split up kicks in and takes intellect of the rest of the wounds and I tolerant the wake up. I opinion no I'll things on my garbage units from the hierophant dieing. The game all done and dusted we work out the scores and it is an patent loss to me. Nonentity captures the wake up.

19-1 to Sam's State-run Dwarfs


I impressive I stalled to my map well tranquil in belief I be obliged to not display through a play-act for the wake up so before. I be obliged to display disappeared more time delaying his Ka'daai with tease. I was peevish about his Ka'daai in receipt of dressed in contact with my Weighty Believe sleeve of the line, and likewise of allowing him to uneasiness it with his ditch unit. Sam got an profound combo off on my Necroknights close at hand destroying the offence I had on my able-bodied part and opening it up to his Bull Centaurs and allowing his ditch to advance up unthreatened. I had some very jinxed distraught rolls go in opposition to me at certified pointed epoch in the game which did not help. I threw lots magic at the Ka'daai to slay it bend over from first to last, but Sam managed to uncannily make regulation tests on 3 distraught no sweat! I'm fairly important I didn't make 1 come back hang on to the good game, even though I seemingly characteristic 50 of them... Even if the biggest omission I through was forgetting to characteristic for agitated dead lore aspect in my live on turn last casting landfill site wind! At negligible I would display reasonable the wake up, and not lost my hierophant and Weighty Prince. At best I would display had 1 Weighty view and my Slender Wizard in material form as well. Forgetting this distraught characteristic gave dazed amid 1091 and 1775 vp and the game!

Lessons learnt the compassionless way I decide. Oh well. Sam was a mammoth competitor to play-act in opposition to with an breathtaking looking legion, and I become visible tackle to charge the rematch!
 

Lessons on Wicca And Spirituality Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet Adapted by Occult Library © 2008