Friday 16 July 2010

I Dont Have Time


I Dont Have Time Cover
I hear myself say it each Full Moon, & unfortunately on many of the Sabbats, "This time, I'll do a wonderful ritual. I'll cleanse & cast & honor &..." But, so many times, after the husband & child units are in bed, after I've done the dishes & straightened & putsied, after I've worked on my crafts, & written in my journal, & written an article or two...well, you get the idea. I look at the clock bleary eyed & hear myself say that same old line: "Next time..."

After months of this, & the ensuing guilt that felt suspiciously... Christian, I decided to take inventory & find out if I really do live my religion or just say I do. What I've found has made me feel a lot better about myself.

When I rise in the morning & look out the window I thank the Goddess for the beautiful land I live on & the woods, trees & the stream that flows behind my little house. Then I walk into my son's room & I feel deep thankfulness, that the Lady has given the care of this little soul into my hands. It is a big job, but when I see the light in his eyes & the smile on his face, I know that I live with the Divine in my home each & every day.

Then we go down stairs & we celebrate the grain harvest with, what else, Cheerios! My son will celebrate that same harvest several times that day, with bread & peanut butter, bread & jelly, bread & ketchup, bread & bread...

As I pass the family altar in the dining room I notice that each piece on it means something to someone in my family. The cups representing the God & Goddess were our wedding cups, there are stones from both of my children who come running to me to put them there each time they find a fascinating new specimen, there are the love notes that my husband leaves for me in the mornings letting me know that magick is alive & afoot in our marriage. Each piece on that little desk is a reminder that we live each day with our religion.

As I go throughout my day, doing the "normal everyday" things I find that through repetition & familiarity I have weaved my beliefs into my life. I have also (hopefully) shown my children that elaborate ritual & pomp are not necessary to worship what one believes in. I still would like, sometimes to take the time to do a ritual or two, & I have, & I'm sure I will continue to do so. But I am also happy knowing that I am living with the Goddess in my life, essentially, just by being alive.

(From the Imbolc 1995 issue of Witch's Brew)

Keywords: wiccan magic  pagan calendar  jainism sramana tradition  witchcraft love  astrologia  cacodemons temple  antient masonry mizraim  newton views  altar cloths  
 

Lessons on Wicca And Spirituality Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet Adapted by Occult Library © 2008