Wednesday 9 May 2012

How Well Do You Know Your Immortals


How Well Do You Know Your Immortals Image
A little disclaimer.. I don't own a binding to any immortals, personally because I never felt any calling. Of course that doesn't say it would not change in the future, but pardon me if I come off a little weird. I am just curious about how people work with the immortals.

Recently I have been watching this History Channel series called the Clash of the Gods, which basically retells the stories of many Greek heroes and immortals - Hades, Zeus, Morpheus, Medusa, etc. - and based on the information I knew about those guys and what I learned from the series, their life story is a real revelation. For instance, I know Morpheus as the god of sleep (as well as Hypnos) but did you guys know that he went to the underworld after his wife's death to play such a tragic song for Hades that Hades decided to give him a chance to bring his wife out of the underworld? The challenge was that Morpheus had to keep walking and walking until he got out of the underworld and he can't look back. He has to believe and trust that his wife is walking behind him because if he looks back, she will be kept in the underworld forever.

Now, a lot of these myths are found from old tablets and written records found in the Greek ruins.. one of my favorites being the myth of the Minotaur. King Minos of Crete was mentioned in one of the stone slabs that was inscribed with some pieces of history - did we all think that it was actual history? I sure did for a while until I learned that King Minos was supposed to be part of some myth. Another one was the epic journey of Odysseus. His encounter with Circe - I didn't know that she was a sex goddess outside of being a goddess that was incredibly skilled with magick.

Well, I'm rambling. Long story short is, those of you who work with immortals - do you look up the myths and ask them about it? If not, perhaps it is a good bonding exercise in a way to learn more out them outside of what they are particularly skilled with. I'm telling you, some of these myths and stories are incredibly fascinating no only in their content but what you can learn about the ancient Greeks at the time and how they perceived these immortals. In any case, if you did look up the myths and asked your immortals about it, what do they think of it?

Statistics: Posted by Ruby - Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm - Replies 11 - Views 91
 

Lessons on Wicca And Spirituality Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet Adapted by Occult Library © 2008