Sunday 11 August 2013

Should I Get A Profession And Which One


Should I Get A Profession And Which One
Ok so i'm level 48 with no professions.

I Know i'm stupid.

What should I pick up?

Cheers guys :) OMG YES! pick up a gathering skill. how much gold do you have in the bank? Quote:

OMG YES! pick up a gathering skill. how much gold do you have in the bank?

Just over 1000 now. lol if you can do that without a profession, than maybe you dont need a gathering profession. do something that interests you. honestly, all of my professions are useless (you can buy crafted items or powerlevel later on in game for a BoP set). i make things and most sell for a small amount, other things i take a loss on it... just to level it up because its one of those things i'd like to acheive.

if you must have a profession, i'd say get fishing/cooking/first aid.

first aid is great for when you're outta mana and someone needs a quick heal. or if you're full on mana and low on health, instead of sitting there eating, i'd bandage. this profession doesnt really sell anything to the community though.

fishing and cooking allows you go get your own food buffs in the later levels. i've been living off of cooked meats for a while. but in the end fish will be more valuable than meat. golden fishsticks, etc. they cost a lot at the AH but they offer a good buff above your many other buffs. and you need to level fishing/cooking to get the many buff-giving fish.

other than this, i'd say you're pretty self-sufficient and do not need a profession. if you really want a gathering profession, i'd say do mining or herb gathering. i dont know if you have issues with changing into human form and then skin, but you'll have to do that if you want to skin something. so skinning is another. if you had started with these professions even in your early teen levels, i'd say you would have about double your money now. :O

Oh well, I generally get my money from weapon drops and driving hard deals :)

Lol, I might do enchanting, I heard you can level that easy with 100g or so. Quote:

:O

Oh well, I generally get my money from weapon drops and driving hard deals :)

Lol, I might do enchanting, I heard you can level that easy with 100g or so.

you can do that. i cant really comment on it since i dont know too much about enchanting. it does take a big investment up front, but in the end you'll make some money. you cant use the AH like others though, unless all you want to do is disenchant your greens for gold. if you want to enchant something, then you'll definitely need to advertise in the /1 channel. For a leather wearing druid do leather working and skinning.

Would be the obvious choice.

Enchanting is easy to level with an alt. I have a lowbie loc that has it and I use my main to run through deadmines for greens that I pass on to my loc to DE.

But everyone does enchanting. It's a money pit. At least on my server it is. 1000g at level 48, with no gathering? Thats pretty good, even if you did gather. Choosing professions in WoW really depends on what you want out of those professions. Most druids take skinning and leatherworking as their main professions.

These are the benefits you get from each professions:


Gathering professions such as mining,herbalism and skinning can give you a very lucrative income if you're diligent on farming their nodes. Most lvl70s got their epic flying mounts this way. Very boring work. Very boring. Watch out for ninjas.

Crafting professions:


Leatherworking - if your character wears leathers. Can sell on AH depends on demands. The devilsaur set can fetch a good price in AH.:)

Engineering - the funnest prof in WoW, really. The prof doesnt sell much(or doesn't sell at all) because most of its items can only be used by engineers. You can still make an income out of selling rifles in AH depending on how many melee classes are rolled each day. With all the recent nerfs(gee, thx for QQing, gatherers...) eng was given, a lot of fun was taken from WoW because non-eng considers them as exploitation. Eg. using rocket boots extreme to get flags, universal remote thingy to control powerful mobs in Outlands and terrorise the other faction. Btw, did you know you can make your own roflcopter as an epic mount? It comes with a hula gnome doll too!

Tailoring - mainly for clothies like priests, mages and locks. you can make a profit out of bags.Pretty easy to lvl considering that most humanoids drops cloths.

Alchemy - if you want the extra buffs. Sells a lot in AH, especially the pots. Took it before, but I find it boring because Im the type that wants to have a lot of fun in WoW.

Blacksmithing - for the melee classes, like pallies and warriors. Same as leather working.

Enchanting - gives extra buffs on you gears. Useful for pvp, especially the twinks:(. Can make a profit.

Extra professions:


You can take cooking, fishing and first aid together because its no included in the 2 main profs.

Cooking - you need it if you're not a mage. You can make really nice treats for your pets. Later in the game, the food gives you better buffs.

Fishing provides mats for cooking(and alchemy). Just find a place with water(the moonwell works too!) to fish. Lvling it is easy for the 1st 100, but it requires more fishing for each skill up later. I use my younger brother to fish, so that I can watch tv while he does all the work.

First aid - is for everyone. It doesn't sell because everybody took it. Can be useful for priests when out of mana.

For me, I took mining because it complements my engineering needs. I took engineering for the lulz. :P for me first aid makes me a fair bit on money on my hunter. netherweave cloth is about 2g50 for a stack of 20 and 20 heavy bandages sell for 6g. i grind upto 200 cloth a day without actually trying to.

Origin: my-spiritual-path.blogspot.com
 

Lessons on Wicca And Spirituality Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet Adapted by Occult Library © 2008